- Apple iPhone 7 or iPhone 6S May Come in Pink ColorPosted 3 weeks ago
- Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Launch Date Could be Sometime in AugustPosted 3 weeks ago
- Bahubali First Day Collections Expected to be Around Rs. 60 CroresPosted 3 weeks ago
- Bahubali Movie Review, A Must Watch Epic ThrillerPosted 3 weeks ago
- Samsung Galaxy S6 vs Galaxy S6 Edge, Which One Should You Buy?Posted 1 month ago
- Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Stage Play announced officiallyPosted 1 month ago
- Acne treatments to consider and tryPosted 2 years ago
- Home remedies to help get rid of acnePosted 2 years ago
Weight training helps men lower diabetes risk
Regular weight training sessions in gym can help men reduce the risk of diabetes up to a third, finds a research. The study, which was conducted on more than 32,000 men, was recently published in the Archives of Internal Medicine journal. Regular physical activity like exercise and aerobics are already known for keeping the body healthy and away from the diseases like type 2 diabetes and obesity.
This report has its own importance as the researchers presented it with proven stats, and shown the weight training as a good alternative to jogging, aerobics or walking when comes to lowering the risk of diabetes.
The Harvard School of Public Health (US) and the University of Southern Denmark jointly conducted the study for about 18 years, on 32,000 men.
According to this research, 30 minutes of weight training a day, five days a week could reduce the diabetes risk by as much as 34%.
They also found a very light weight training session, around one hour a week can lower the risk by 12%.
The research also found aerobic exercise as the most effective way to keep diabetes at bay.
The diabetes risk was reduced to 59% when the two (weight training and aerobics) were combined.
“These new results suggest that weight training, to a large extent, can serve as an alternative,” said lead author Anders Grontved.
This research was conducted on men, so it’s statistically unclear whether weight training and aerobics will have same effect on women.