- BlackBerry India announces EMI schemes on its high-end phonesPosted 2 days ago
- AT&T to offer Samsung Galaxy S4 for $200Posted 52 days ago
- Samsung Galaxy S4 price revealed in Euros for Portugal marketPosted 52 days ago
- Samsung Galaxy S4 price roundupPosted 55 days ago
- Samsung Galaxy S4 launch date in US revealed by T-MobilePosted 60 days ago
- Cheaper iPhone 5 arriving in July?Posted 61 days ago
- Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini, leaked features and specsPosted 62 days ago
iPhone 5 knockoff Goophone I5 to sue Apple for patent infringement!
A Chinese tech company vowed to sue Apple if they release the upcoming iPhone 5 in China, as it says it will be infringe the company’s patent. The company, which named a phone ‘Goophone I5’, has actually made this phone using the leaked photos and specs of the iPhone 5.
Goophone I5 is no more than an iPhone 5 knockoff, with almost same look and feel. The Goophone I5 said to have a quad-core processor, 1 GB RAM and even an 8 megapixel camera! This phone runs on Android operating system with iPhone 5 like user interface, and has literally copied all the speculated iPhone 5 features and specifications.
The company’s even saying that it will sue Apple if it ever tries to release the iPhone 5 in China, as the iPhone 5 will be infringing their Goophone I5 patents!
Looks like the Cupertino based electronic giant is going to have some legal issues to deal with in China ahead of the official iPhone 5 launch.
Apple has won a patent battle against Samsung not too long ago, collecting $1 billion as a penalty. Interestingly, Apple lost similar patent infringement lawsuits against Samsung in countries like South Korea and Japan.
We have to wait and see what the ‘Goophone I5′ makers are going to do in the days to come! But thanks to the media and its hype, the $300 worth Goophone I5 has bagged some quick and free publicity!